Monday, October 26, 2009

My first ever adult halloween costume!!

Decision making is hard!!

This eskimo was my first choice.. i loved it the minute i saw it. I thought it would look great on my skintone, and all the white trim against my dark hair would just be adorable. And well truth be told it fits into my obsession with winter coats...

we've been thru this already lol

So I tried on a Large (after about 2 days of looking) and it was too snug. I did really like it but after seeing it on me, it wasn't "costume" fun enough for me.

My best friend then had me try on the Robin Hood outfit you see on the right. Im not a big fan of robin hood but she knows I absolutely adore GREEN and she knows I love a good V neck. Granted, this dress looks very hoochie but I tried it on in a Large and I absolutely loved it. Only thing was that it was a tad bit too snug! I kept it in the back of my mind in case I wanted to order it in a 1X online.

One thing I had to come to terms with is the fact that my love handles are existent and nothing will kill them from here till halloween. They did poke through the costumes but who cares? lol they arent as prominent as they used to be, so Im ok with it.

Another costume I absolutely adored was this Alice in wonderland. I'm a fan of the story and of course Tim Burtons version will be out next year so I would have LOVED to try it on... only problem is everywhere we went they only had them in small and/or medium. That wasnt going to happen! I would even have risked ordering it online in a 1x in hopes the fit would be fine but even online its sold out... EVERYWHERE.

So for the last 5 days Ive been thinking about what to do, whats my decision and what do i truly want? They all had pros and cons but I couldnt decide. and of course I kept looking for the alice in hopes it would be in stock anywhere. I happened to stumble across a rather plain and simple but still cute alice costume which I thought I could spruce up with some felt and glitter... it wont look remotely like this one but i will know for sure nobody will have a costume like it because it will be my own customized version:

In the end. I ordered this one and the Robin Hood in 1x. I really want the alice to work for me but just in case it doesnt fit, I will have the Robin hood to fall back on. Of course it cost me an arm and a leg especially since I need them ENSURED to be here before halloween.

If you knew me you would be shocked as hell right now. I don't dress up for Halloween.. as much as I love halloween Ive never cared to look for costumes because of my weight. LET ALONE the fact that I do NOT wear dresses.... Ive always hated my legs for the massive bigness they are, and suddenly here I am trying on costumes that are dresses.

Things are changing in me and though I still have the worries that people will laugh or talk about the fattie in a costume, Im not going to let it intimidate me from doing it anyway! I've let too many years go by where I sit on the bleachers instead of getting in the game. The only worry I have is that my friend will back out and will no longer want to go to the Halloween Party. She had a rough time finding any costumes she felt comfortable in and its affecting her self esteem. I feel as though her and I have switched places this year.


We've both been heavy most of our lives but she's always been so much more self confident in her looks and shape than i ever was. She loves dresses and showing off her legs.... i've always admired that about her. Yesterday she mentioned if we didnt get to the party, we could have our own halloween celebration.

Now God forgive me but I am not getting dolled up and dressed up just to hang out with her passing out candy. Every new years I tell myself "This is gonna be my year" and every year i let myself down... this year its hitting me so quickly that in the blink of an eye Im trying on costumes and actually enjoying it.

Im transforming myself mentally without even realizing it.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. I had the same problem looking for a halloweeen costume last year. They just don't make them in sizes 1x... just very hard to find. I had to settle for going to the thrift store and making my on Elvira costume.

    Glad you threw caution to the wind and decided to just order it on line. Go to that party and have fun.

    BTW--I was given a BEST BLOG AWARD and I was instructed to pick 15 of the best blogs. I chose those blogs who I follow who have inspired me to work hard at losing weight. I picked your blog. When you have a moment, stop by and pick up your award. I have you two awards--cuz I love your video blog too.

    Please take lots of pictures on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you're dressing up for Halloween this year! Good for you, you're doing yourself proud! Love all of the costume options!

    ReplyDelete