Saturday, October 3, 2009

Get comfy, its a long read!!!

Yay im starting to find more weightloss blogs here on blogger/blogspot!! I get so sad when I start reading some posts from bloggers only to find out the most recent are 6 months old.

Hopefully nobody is reading this 6 months from now wondering what happened to ME....

I once blogged on diaryland for about two years... I developed a nice little reputation there for my witty banter. I was shocked so many people were into reading my blog (It wasnt weight related, just life in general). For some reason I seem to be a little more entertaining when I blog, rather than when i vlog... I'm not quite sure why that is. Maybe its my love for words... or maybe its that I dont stop and think what Im going to say, I just say it... err type it.

I wish I could be one of those "Americas Sweetheart" types that everyone just loves.. but with the small potty mouth that I have and the sarcasm I was gifted its just never going to happen. I'm a bit of a medley... sometimes im funny, sometimes im serious, sometimes Im a b*tch and sometimes Im a charmer.......

..and sometimes... JUST sometimes I'm a little stuck on myself

LOL .... sometimes.

Regardless, I was starting to think I would use this blog as an extension of my Youtube channel but now that Im here I think I may just have it be a strong entity in and of itself. Especially for anyone who may in the future follow my blog who isnt on YouTube........ (which if youre on a weightloss journey I highly recommend you do). Even if you dont make videos, at the very least watch some and follow some.


If I may just say this lady, Rocky has done so much to help in my journey. I've been overweight all of my life so Ive fought this battle many many times... as a child, an adolescent, and now as an adult. In 2001-2002 i starved myself from weighing 250 pounds down to 169 pounds and still felt like an obese grotesque monster....... needless to say I gained it all back extremely quickly and it isn't until now, 2009 that I am realizing what a true LIFESTYLE change means.

Rocky's the one who shined a light on that... she was the first person who put in a friend request to me and though I added her I didnt subscribe right away cuz I thought to myself "Whos this skinny b*tch and why is she adding me as a friend?" .... (again im not americas sweetheart, sorry) LOL but after about a week I went back to her page and realized she was the answer! The key to why I always fail in weightloss...

she has recipes up the wahzoo and even shows you what to buy, where you can find it and how to cook it up. She has a huge following and still manages to find the time to take requests!! Go watch her dammit.... she's turned me onto parsnips, and roasted vegetables and different types of bell peppers... she's that amazing. And trust me, this is coming from a girl who used to eat an entire bag of oreos (or any cookies for that matter) in one sitting.... or eat half a box of cereal for breakfast.... (sometimes even a full box)........... all things I would never admit out loud. But believe me when I say if I'm capable of doing it.... ANYONE at all is capable...

I'm two months into my new journey and I have YET to binge... why? Because its about food choices, not food limitations...... healthy exchanges, not extreme deprivation. Without her channel I never would have taken it upon myself to look for "healthy recipes"... I have always hated grocery shopping and now Im damn near loving it. You see, I was what one might call "Domestically challenged"... i liked the idea of cooking and learning, but I never did took it upon myself to learn, so whenever my "diets" came around all I knew was "eat less calories"... which equated in my mind to "eat one light meal a day"

Dont get me wrong, the urges to binge have been there but things are different now. If I want ice cream I have some. If I want pizza, i make a healthy one for myself.... If I want sweets, I will have them. Its still only been two months and no one is to say that maybe tomorrow wont be the day I throw in the towel and binge... or next week.. or 6 months from now.... but Im staying strong and learning so much. Thus far its been a positive journey... i know when I hit my plateau I will be in for a whole nother struggle. But until then, its one day at a time...

Sweet Jesus this is one long blog.... I will never be the posterchild of paraphrasing, but dammit Im a woman of many words...

...and apparently a woman with a lot of time on her hands LOL

~xoxo~

2 comments:

  1. Hey there cookies n cocktails. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog (paulawannacracker.blogspot.com). Love your masthead. I'll have to check out your vblog... I just started bloging a couple of months ago and love the support I have received from those who have followed me. I never thought one could get so much support from a complete stranger. I like to cook as well, but I am used to cooking traditional "fattening" mexican food. I'm trying to cook with fresher, healthier ingredients but its a challenge. You should check out "simply recipes" She has great recipes and pictures. If you go to my blog, her website is to the right. I'll be checking. Thanks again for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sooooooo true! Rocky is amazing! Her recipes are brilliant. Her tofu scramble turned me onto tofu... and now I'm not even eating meat! Lol. She's awesome.

    And you're awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete