Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fish and Guilt


I tried Tilapia for the first time today.. it was from the weight watchers menu at AppleBees. It was a bold move considering how hungry I was and the fact that I had no idea what it would taste like. It made my tummy sing, it was so good. It was served on a bed of rice pilaf with a side of broccoli (which i adore broccoli like none other) so I was a damn happy girl. I glanced at the other items on the menu (i.e...cheeseburgers, pastas, sandwiches) but I thought to myself..... is all that greasy cheesy stuff really worth it?


No. It wouldn't have been. I'm not saying I wont be eating foods like that ever again but today i really was more excited on trying something new. ♥ Two thumbs up guys!

In other news, i need to work on my Sexy4Santa video update.... it's just a little hard as my mother is still in recovery mode from the pnemonia. She's breathing SOOO much better now but she's still fairly weak so between my brother and I we have been staying closeby in case she needs anything.

Her meds make her shaky and affect her nervous system. She had an anxiety attack last night while I was chatting in stickam. Apparently she had an overwhelming sense of loneliness that I didnt find out about till this morning. My father was off from work so I assumed either he or my brother were with her while I was taking some time to chat and get to know other sexy 4 santa challengers.... alas, i was wrong... she sat in the kitchen alone..........Talk about feeling guilty!


Today is the last day she is taking those meds, so hopefully she wont be going through that again. I just wish she would have said something that night instead of this morning :0(

On happier news I know I shouldnt post this until my YouTube video but I managed to drop 2 pounds last week. Surprising considering the fact that I only worked out twice last week and did a little oversnacking while mom was in the hospital.

YAY weightloss!!

5 comments:

  1. I love Tilapia! It's my favorite fish! Well, now that I can't have those fried cod sandwiches from McD's anymore. LOL!

    Great job on the weight loss! I'll still watch your S4SC update, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL never had McDs fish.....

    oh and thanks, just try to act surprised when i tell you my loss on the video LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. cookiesncocktails

    Congrats on the 2 pound weight loss and I'm glad to hear your moms is feeling better. I've tried to make Tilapia myself and I just can't get it right. Maybe I should try it at Applebees.

    I must say this again... I really like your masthead.

    Take care
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the weightloss. I LOOOOVE your little cartoon lol. And your page layout... you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks paula... u actually caught the new masthead JUST after i changed it i believe... im never content LOL

    thanks skye, ur such a doll.. im so far behind on things thank God i have this blog to semi update :0)

    ReplyDelete